I have a confession to make. I am absolutely and completely addicted to organization. I didn’t say that I am organized. I am obsessed with the whole IDEA of being organized. I love the feeling I get when I have a new plan. I would seriously love to have just half of the money back that I have spent on planners, calendars, binders, baskets, plastic containers… My husband thinks my need for lists is hysterical.
Pinterest and all of the blogs that I follow in my RSS reader could send me into a downward spiral, but I do believe that I have finally found what works for me. I have pulled the parts that I like from all of the systems I have tried.
2. I use the Getting Things Done method of contexts to manage my tasks, as described in this post by 43 Folders.
3. I use a time management printable from i heart organizing to make a permanent weekly schedule I can consult as the framework for my week.
5. I use a kitchen command center to store my control journal and the next action files (Getting Things Done again) I need easy access to based on a bowl full of lemons.
6. I use Southern Savers for all of my couponing, and use the whole insert method with a cancelled check file.
7. I have started compiling a family recipe book of our family favorites with a holiday section for our traditions.
8. I have a binder I have started to organize for our “new” house.
And the “working on” and “would like to” lists go on and on and on…
I am going to be posting all of my organizing projects here on my blog each Tuesday for all to see!